Monday, March 2, 2015

"I am not for everyone"

So often people let the opinion of others get to them. They care about how much and what kind of attention they receive from others. They care what people say, think, and how they act towards them. But why?  Why would you let someone get underneath your skin when all that causes is annoyances for yourself? Why would you let other people have some sort of control over yourself? Yes, clearly people don't always think before they act. But at times, is that really such a bad thing? Must you always question your first instinct on how to react? Should you contain your true personality just because you're afraid of how people react?

"I am not for everyone." In truth I am only for me. If you find that I am for you as well, that's great. I'm glad that I can be a part of your life journey as well as you being a part of mine. But that is not my goal. I respect my own being, my own mind, my own personality. I fully understand and accept that not everyone will like me as well I will not like everyone. But do you know what? That is okay. That's life. That's a result of everyone being different.

About a month ago, I listened to someone say "Be you and the right people will come to you." I have never believed this to be more true. People like to be around people that encourage your own unique personality, so why would you want to veil your true self? Do you want the wrong people to flock to you and have the right people pass you by?

Accept that you are not for everyone for everyone is not for you.

-The Crunchy Granola Nut

©The Crunchy Granola Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment