Monday, March 2, 2015

A Day for a Recipe #1


(a picture of my own meal)

Looking for a quick and easy meal on these chilly winter or rather soon-to-be spring days?

Tortellini Spinach Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg. (9 oz.) refrigerated three cheese tortellini
  • 2 pkg. (9 oz.) creamed spinach, defrosted according to pkg directions (Stouffer's or Bird's Eye are options)
  • 3 1/2 cups water
  • 1 envelope (1.4 oz.) dry vegetable soup & recipe mix
Directions:
Heat water and soup mix in large saucepan to boiling; reduce heat. Add tortellini and creamed spinach; cook for 5 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Top each serving with parmesan cheese, if desired.

*I have used Panera's bread bowls as an addition the first time I made this soup. It was absolutely delicious. I also cooked for 5 people and doubled the recipe to ensure enough for everyone to have seconds and to have a small amount of leftovers. Simply, I love leftovers.

-The Crunchy Granola Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment