Thursday, March 5, 2015

"Find three hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative"

Life isn't always about success; it's about happiness. Never let that idea slip from your mind. It gives each of us motivation to try and live life to its fullest. Like everyone has always heard, "the key to success is happiness." Similarly, the key to happiness is in finding both the things and people that you love and make your time worthwhile.

Everyone has their own hobbies. Some hobbies get dropped some point in life while others get picked up. But what if you could find a way to make your hobbies work together in cohesion and bring you the happiness and success you want and need? Simply, find a purpose for each. Not a silly little purpose that in truth has no importance, but a purpose that gives you both intention and motivation. The simple path to this are the ideas of "one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative."

The only way that this whole idea can work is if you truly love each hobby with a growing passion. Otherwise, won't you end up bored or tired with them and result in the unhappiness that you're trying to avoid?


For me, I may be young but I know my passion and the hobbies that I love. Yes, they may change over time to keep my happiness from decreasing, but that doesn't mean I can't set hobbies to their purposes at this time.

One to make you money: I'm currently on my path of becoming a licensed landscape architect. This will take years to completely achieve but it is something I sincerely enjoy. I love nature in all ways and I want to enable my own respect and love to be brought into the eyes and minds of others through their enjoyment of the creations of landscape architecture. Through the creation of peaceful public parks, hiking trails that are created in cohesion to highlight the natural surroundings that are already there, residential gardens to bring natural beauty closer to people, and much more, I believe I can achieve my goal.

One to keep you in shape: While still a fairly new yogi, I have embraced the ideas of a healthy mind, body, and soul through learning how they all work together to complete a being. While I was surprised at first, it's an incredibly relaxing and hard workout with my favorites being a practice that is based on ashtanga yoga and the practice of aerial yoga. For me, it is a workout that not only has kept my body in shape, but my mind as well. It has greatly helped me relax while having the characteristic of a stressed and anxious mind.

One to be creative: While there are infinite ways to be creative with the practice of yoga, I also have the love of art. Whether it's being in the mood to paint on occasions, doodling on myself when I find an inspiring idea on Pinterest, or using my cooking skills to use a recipe to make something delicious, I have a passion for creativity. I simply cannot pinpoint one specific art I really enjoy for I dapple in a little of everything in some way.


Can you happily say that you have found three hobbies for yourself? If you have and you find yourself to be truly passionate about them, please share your own thoughts.

-The Crunchy Granola Nut

©The Crunchy Granola Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment