Monday, April 13, 2015

A Day for a Recipe #6

Salsa Rice Enchiladas
(this recipe is actually in Betty Crocker's Easy Vegetarian cookbook)
 
Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups chunky-style salsa
  • 1-1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 cup uncooked instant rice (I prefer cooking my own choice of rice beforehand, I think it tastes better)
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed (next time I make this I'll try to use freshly cooked black beans)
  • 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red & green peppers, undrained
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz) (I'll be using my own dairy free mozzarella styled almond cheese next time I make this)
  • 8 flour tortillas (8 in) (may need more depending on how much you like to stuff them)
**Extra salsa, sour cream, and guacamole are good side dishes
 
Directions:
  1. In 10-inch skillet (or wok), heat the salsa and chili powder to boiling. (Use less salsa if the rice is already cooked). Stir in rice. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in beans, corn, and cheese.
  2. Spoon about 1/2 cup rice mixture onto center of each tortilla. Fold up bottom of each tortilla; fold over sides. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment